You're our Property Manager.
beplace is a startup property management company with a vibrant team managing nearly 300 units across three cities spanning 600,000 SF inhabited by hundreds of people. We build teams with solid structures which can offer creative amenities while running in the same direction.
How will you make a difference @beplace?
- Market properties and amenities using property and neighborhood data. Advertise available properties online and offline and maintain accurate availabilities.
- Handle inbound prospect leads and outgoing follow-ups. Compile lists of prospective renters for use as prospect leads. Match leads to available units based on what they want and need in order to maintain high occupancy rates. Confirm and process rental application data. Walk approved applicants through the leasing process and into move-in.
- Ensure apartments meet beplace standards. Work closely with maintenance and have a comprehensive understanding of how maintenance works to ensure work orders and turnovers are being completed in a timely manner and all invoices received are correct and completed to satisfaction.
- Conduct move-in walk-through inspections with new incoming residents, unit inspections during occupancy, and move-out walk-through inspections with former departing residents. Meet with clients to hand out keys and perform requested inspections.
- Record all incoming monies into appropriate web applications. Actively involved and understand the need for collections and pursue collections with outstanding tenants.
- Investigate resident concerns / problems and propose solutions.
- Conduct lease renewals to enhance economic and physical occupancy levels.
What will you bring to beplace?
- At least 3 years of property management experience working in a professional office setting, preferably in an apartment/multifamily community environment as well as general knowledge normally acquired through completion of high school or equivalent.
- Knowledge of fair housing practices and standards. Knowledge of legal and property management software applications.
- Aptitude for numbers and the ability to provide clerical assistance, submit and receive document billing/application and filing for business transactions, and daily entry of key data transactions, including resident payments.
- Excellent reading, writing, and grammar skills, including spelling, and being able to interact, compose oneself and articulate effectively and professionally. Excellent negotiation and customer service skills.
- Typing accurately, preparing and maintaining documents and records, with a strong attention to detail, accuracy, and organization, and ability to retain transaction-specific information. Answer simple inquiries related to business workings and project premise.
- Desire to work within a team-oriented environment and contribute to effective team relationships, with the ability to work independently to complete projects, juggling multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines.
- Perform general clerical duties. Answer telephones and handle resident matters through telephone and email. Schedule appointments and track calendars. Assist with other duties as assigned.
- Be a cheerful representative of the company and relay a helpful and accommodating environment.
- Constantly update job knowledge. High level of confidentiality and discretion and adherence to the clear and strict chain of command.
- Advanced skills with Google Apps
What makes you special?
- Advanced skills with Buildium
- Prior employment at a housing commission
- Legal experience
- College degree
- Related Certifications
What do we offer @beplace?
- Competitive salary
- Company-paid $500 deductible Blue Cross Blue Shield medical, dental and vision insurance
- + $1,200 yearly concessions for living on-site (credited monthly)
- + $0 security deposit for living on-site (up to a $1,198.50 savings)
- + top notch techie gadgets and apps (iPhone, tablet, 27" 1920 x 1080 Full HD Diagonal Curved Display and a Google Chromebox)
- + 1-hour daily lunch break
- + major discounts (from popular stores and sites like AMC Theaters, Amazon, and Marathon Gas)
- + 20 days of PTO!
How long will you be @beplace?
Position requires the ability to work standard hours and business days. Individuals must possess the ability to work the necessary days/hours to complete the essential functions of the position. Work schedule is subject to change. Ability to work overtime if necessary.