You're our Bookkeeper.
About the Company
@beplace.co we’re all created equal even though our space is not. But since luxury is a pricey standard of space, we work to make comfort an affordably better standard of place. Whether it be in some dingy studio or overpriced 2-bedroom unit where you barely fit alongside your essentials, we transform it all to feel like a better place called home.
A bookkeeper maintains records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions; ensuring legal requirements compliance.
- You work with the Asset Manager to maintain a proper chart of accounts and define bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- You maintain accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- You balance accounts by reconciling entries.
- You maintain the general ledger by transferring account summaries.
- You balance the general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- You maintain historical records by filing documents physically and digitally.
- You prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- You comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising the Asset Manager on needed actions.
- You work with the Asset Manager by accomplishing related results as needed.
- You need to have prior experience as a bookkeeper.
- You need to have knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- You need to have excellent communication skills.
- You need to be able to use Google apps: gmail, docs, sheets, etc. and financial softwares.
- You need to be able to type >65 words per minute.
- You need to be able to handle a computer and the web with no help.
- $18/hour (paid weekly)
- + Company-paid low $500 deductible health coverage for medical, dental and vision
- + Company-provided 27" 1920 x 1080 Full HD Diagonal Curved Display and a Google Chromebox
- + $100 monthly rent concessions for living on-site (optional)
- + $0 security deposit for living on-site
- + Free parking spots
- + Major discounts (from popular places such as AMC Theaters, Amazon, and Marathon Gas)
- + 20 days of PTO on our holiday schedule: New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Valentine's Day, George Washington's Birthday, Tax Day, Memorial Day, Last Day of Public School, Independence Day, Labor Day, First Day of Public School, Patriot Day, Columbus Day, Halloween, Election Day, Veteran's Day, Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Christmas, Kwanzaa, and your birthday!