You're our Design Manager.
About the Company
@beplace.co we’re all created equal even though our space is not. But since luxury is a pricey standard of space, we work to make comfort an affordably better standard of place. Whether it be in some dingy studio or overpriced 2-bedroom unit where you barely fit alongside your essentials, we transform it all to feel like a better place called home.
A design manager interprets owner or tenant improvements to properties and/or units—ensuring accurate preparation of project construction documents and communication with and coordination of the preparation of documents with consultants, contractors and colleagues.
- Turnover management
- Designs & implements furnished and unfurnished unit spaces in respect to client needs, in collaboration with Maintenance Managers.
- Designs & inspects improvements prior to a tenant’s move-in or changes made by the tenant in preparing the space for their particular use, in collaboration with Facilities Manager.
- Maintenance management
- Regularly inspects properties for areas of concern.
- Identifies major design projects and articulates them to the internal team with job costing.
- Adds value to work by recommending efficient ways to cut costs.
- Capital improvement management
- Articulates to the client major remodeling to the property.
- Project / design management
- Leads design with a collaborative work style which puts value on relationships, both internal and external as well as ensures high-quality design.
- Maintains an advanced knowledge of furniture, fixture and equipment (FF&E), architectural/interior finishes, lighting, art signage, colors and materials to carry out design intent.
- Exhibits keen understanding of Revit, AutoCad, Photoshop, InDesign and other applicable software and resources.
- Juggles and prioritizes multiple projects and adjusts work accordingly, often against tight deadlines.
- Prepares exceptional graphic presentations to provide high quality service to clients.
- Troubleshoots design issues that may require visiting city/clients as necessary.
- Reviews shop drawings, project submittals, etc. for document and code compliance, in collaboration with Facilities Manager.
- Communicates and coordinates with management, clients, consultants and contractors related to daily design needs.
- Analyzes, recommends, and designs major remodeling projects.
- Finalizes jobs by verifying that the work performed was as planned, the work passes applicable codes, and that all lien releases have been received, in collaboration with Facilities Manager.
- Curates and catalogs full architectural drawing set, both PDF & CAD, for existing, demo, proposed construction, finish, electrical, rcp/lighting, switching & furniture plans, in collaboration with Facilities Manager.
- Signs off on a project as a whole, in collaboration with Facilities Manager.
- Understands the socio-economic factors surrounding the client properties and uses these factors to inform their design and budget.
- Works with Product & Property Managers to determine quarterly design budget and ensures they are adhered to.
- $35,000 base salary (paid weekly)
- + fully-paid low deductible health care (medical + dental + vision, entirely on us!)
- + $7,911 yearly commission (paid weekly)
- + $1,172 yearly bonus (paid yearly)
- + $1,800 yearly concessions ($150/month concession for living on-site, credited monthly)
- + $31/unit/year ‘grow as we grow’ incentive (make more money as we manage more units)
- + 30 days of PTO (including holidays like Valentine’s, Halloween & Black Friday)
- + $0 security deposit for living on-site
- + free dedicated parking spots
- + top notch techie gadgets and apps (iPhone for every employee)
- + Monday morning breakfasts (provided by Tim Horton’s or Panera Bread)
- + 1-hour daily lunch break
- + community parties (like our Summer Poolooza)
- + gas allowances (for travel between our managed properties)
- + major discounts (from popular stores & sites like AMC Theaters, Amazon, & Marathon Gas)
- + company-paid continuing education (certifications, licenses, and maybe even degrees)
- + leading a department to help build a company from the ground-up
- ...and plenty more!
Think you’re a great fit? Send us a link to your portfolio…
@beplace.co we are serious about being fair. We comply with federal and state law, and our own internal guidelines, and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identification, gender identity, handicap, disability, marital status, familial status, age, national origin, citizenship, income assistance, veteran status, or any other protected class. Please let us know if you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation.
We work with self-driven individuals who can seek out their own opportunities and market themselves to us and the world. We do not accept agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.